Tuesday, December 13, 2011

23. If you were to write a book, on what theme or subject matter would it be based, and why? (Stanford/93)

I have read many books of many different genres. Most of them I wanted to read on my own will, but some of them were assignments from school. Most of all the books I read were fascinating, most of the time. In my eyes, the important thing about writing a book is having a lot of ideas.
My favorite genre has always been Fantasy/Sci-Fi books, the big, thick kind of books that take a while to read. There is a simple reason for this: In a fantasy world there are no limits and you can write about your whole imagination in a new environment. I really respect people who use the real world in a book and no science-fiction at all. I know two real, really successful fantasy writers, and I would do it the same way they did it.
I would start off with creating a cool map of my own invented world, like all the famous fantasy books. After that step I would think of some main characters with fancy names and then I would start writing.

10 comments:

  1. That is an interesting aspect of what you think.
    One way to improve is not write that some of them were assignments from school, instead you should write that you read book in your free time. (hint: it sounds a bit better when teachers read this.)

    joenumber1

    ReplyDelete
  2. Interesting ideas, especially the "cool map of [your] own invented world."

    What would the plot be, though? What would it be about, more than just the genre.

    ReplyDelete
  3. same pinch. I also hate non fiction books and love sci-fi and fantasy book because it helps me escape from the real world. But if you write a book, I will want to read it. Waiting for your book and try making it better than the inheritance cycle.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Maybe you should write the names of the "two really successful fantasy writers" you know of, so we can read their books too! :D I agree with Zarina - the map of your imaginary world sounds interesting!

    btw, is this your only post?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it is the only post.
      I must recommend the trilogy of these writers. Their name are Suresh and Jyoti Guptara. You should totally read their books :)
      Their webpage: http://twins.guptara.net/

      Delete
  5. Oh Dom. You finally got a post up :D
    yay!
    I am really interested in what your favorite books are. :)
    Quite the fan of Sci-fi. books myself.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Interesting post although i think you are a bit behind on your blogs :D Why do you dislike non fiction? Although i believe that fiction is more interesting, non-fiction should not be neglected because it gives you more to relate to.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You better give me the first copy of it. I don't enjoy reading books however, I like science fiction books. Your topic is also interseting "cool map of own invented world." I wonder what would it be like.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your idea of creating a "cool map" sounds awesome :) If I ever wrote a book (probably NEVER) then I would include a bunch of my self-made vocabs in it :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ideas are definitely an important part of writing a book and knowing what kind of a person you are, I'm sure you will bring out a lot of creative and unique ideas. I actually think you will be a good ficional writer but as Namsay commented earlier, non-fictions too can be really interesting

    ReplyDelete